Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Don Sutton


We were eating at a restaurant in Palm Springs this past weekend and happened to randomly be introduced to Don Sutton (Baseball HOF, 324 wins, 7th in strikeouts, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Don_Sutton) by our waiter. He was a little before my time as a player, but I did remember that he was in the Hall of Fame. I remembered him even more clearly, though, as one of the Atlanta Braves broadcasters for many years, as we had TBS as one of our cable channels He's a super-nice guy and took time out of his dinner with his family to talk to Tally and I about military things, as our waiter had introduced me to him as a military doctor.



2 comments:

Lars said...

TInj, Do you subscribe to Cook's illustrated? I recognize that recipe as being their short rib recipe, delicious.

Dustin and Shannon said...

I have similar memories of Mr. Sutton.