Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Amber (Tally's cousin) visited and a little hiking




It was nice that Tally's cousin, Amber, could swing through the neighborhood to pay us a visit last weekend. Actually, she was in LA for a conference, then came up to visit us and another friend of hers who lives in the area. I have no pictures because Amber insists I get them through her publicist only, and I have not completed the necessary paperwork yet.


Because I (and the rest of the Marine/Navy people in our battalion) were stuck in the field (read: desert) two weekends ago, we got yesterday and Tuesday off. Since Tally was working, I decided to take the Palm Springs Aerial Tramway (http://www.pstramway.com/things.asp) up to Mount San Jacinto State Park and Wilderness. The Tramway is a rotating (360 degrees) car that can hold 80 people and takes you from an elevation of ~2600 feet up to ~8500 feet. It's pretty cool. Then, I decided to hike the 5.5 miles up to the top of San Jacinto Peak. With an elevation of 10, 804 feet, it's the second-highest peak in Southern California. Now, I may not be an expert hiker, and I haven't scaled the tallest peaks on all 7 continents like D. Little, but it was fun nonetheless.

1 comment:

D-Lo said...

You look like a grizzled veteran of the high country in that last photo.