Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Greetings

Well, I see the old wifers hasn't bothered to put any new posts up here, so I guess it's up to me. Things are (thankfully) going fine here. Fairly monotonous and repetitive, but that's fine. I have been out briefly a few times into some of the local communities, so that has been interesting.

I have taken some pictures of where I am at, but I think I'll have to save those until after the deployment is over. However, I will have to work on putting some other pictures up here. Like, for example, of the sodas that they have over here with Arabic writing. Interesting, and not too bad (at least, the Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi aren't). However, I implore you, never, ever drink diet Sprite out of an Arabic can, should you ever find yourself in this part of the world. That's all I ask. You'll thank me.

It hasn't gotten too hot yet (but buckle up, I'm told). I guess you really get to hate your life in the summer over here. We'll see. Blowing sand hasn't been too big of a deal yet, either, but I've also been forewarned that this will get much worse. The food hasn't been bad, there's a gym here, and a nice area to run, so I can't complain and have gotten a lot of exercise, which is good to pass the time. I think that's about it for now, but will try to periodically put up some more posts.

No comments: