Sunday, September 14, 2008

Potpourri





First of all, way to go Vikings. I don't get their game as the usual "noon" game out here in Cali, which is probably a good thing, considering they should now be 2-0 and atop the NFC Central, but instead are 0-2.


We went to see Jason Mraz in concert last night. Pretty good show. He only played about half the songs of his that I know, but that was OK. He and his band are excellent, and he is a wonderful singer live, which is something many acts cannot claim. Overall, Tally and I gave it 6.5 out of 10 cacti.


We decided it was time to get new dining room furniture. I have never had my own dining room furniture, so we have always used the set that Tally originally picked up at KMart when she got her first apartment. It was fine, but the chairs were pretty flimsy, and most of them had cracked. So, I got up early one morning, hooked up the mules, and went up to the great conifer forests of Northern California. The result was new dining room furniture by the end of the day.


Finally, I want to pass along a website that Tally discovered. I saved this for the end because I didn't want its pure and unabashed ridiculousness to envelop the prior sections of this post. The website is: http://www.yearbookyourself.com/. I have not played around on here yet, but basically, you insert your face into the "classic" yearbook looks from various decades. It's pretty funny.

1 comment:

D-Lo said...

John, aren't you supposed to look different when you put your photo into that website? Also, where did our dining room furniture come from? I think I remember it as basically a card table with some chairs w/ plastic flower print seat covers.